IS KETO THE BEST WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT?
You may have heard of it, but the real question everyone is asking... is Keto the best way to lose weight? This diet — high in fat and with tiny amounts of carbohydrates — is nearly a hundred years old. Its classic version was proposed in 1921 by the American physician Russell Wilder. At the time, the conversation had nothing to do with weight loss. An alternative was sought to help control epilepsy, a disease best known for convulsive crisis.
To understand why it is useful, we need to remember that the body preferentially uses glucose from the breakdown of carbohydrates as fuel to carry out its tasks. When there is a severe restriction of this nutrient present in bread, pasta and rice, the route for energy production changes. In this new configuration, fats become the most important substrate — and, in the process, ketone bodies are formed.
These substances, also released during fasting, act on neurotransmitters in the brain, thus alleviating epilepsy crises. Today, the diet is recommended for those patients who can't get better with the drugs — drugs began to appear in the 1930s.
But it is not because of this traditional and scientifically validated use that the food strategy has risen to fame. Ketogenic attracted supporters because it came to be seen as an effective method of weight loss.
The reason is simple: if fats become the fuel of the first choice, both those that come from the plate and those stored in the body are in the crosshairs. The impression of a full stomach is also facilitated by the constitution of the menu.
Why “keto the best way to lose weight” is only a myth?
While the keto diet may attract many young people wanting to lose weight, they need to understand how it works and the possible harms this diet may bring to their body. Here is a list of disadvantages of a fat-rich diet without proper consultation:
- Heart risk: If you eat too much saturated fat, bad cholesterol and triglycerides can go up - then it is dangerous for the heart.
- Bad breath: there is no way that ketogenic can be ignored by someone else's sense of smell. Ketone bodies leave the greatest breadth.
- Muscle loss: studies show that this diet can sacrifice lean mass if there is no adequate protein intake.
- Lack of Nutrients: Banned foods pack more than carbohydrates. They are also strongholds of vitamins and minerals.
- Hypoglycaemia: It can occur among those who have type 2 diabetes if medications are not adjusted. Causes fainting, palpitations and other common symptoms.
- Weight regain: the ketogenic diet is so restrictive, it is difficult to maintain. But then the old patterns come back—and the pounds too.
- Fiber poverty: they are in carbohydrate sources, whichever goes away. But they have several functions, such as improving intestinal transit.
- Fatty liver: clogged up with fat favors its accumulation in the liver, a silent condition that can result in cirrhosis and even cancer.
You need to understand that there are a lot more healthy ways of losing weight. To lose weight and belly fat, changing habits and lifestyle can be very effective and can help in losing up to 2 kg per week depending on the initial weight. However, for this to happen, it is important that the strategies adopted are followed daily.
Tips to lose weight in a healthy way
Instead of sticking to difficult diet plans, you should instead make tiny changes in your lifestyle to get healthier and slimmer. Here is a list of all the habits you can adopt:
- Eat slowly and respect the body’s satiety.
- Drink more water to get rid of impure toxins from your body.
- Get some regular exercise and stick to it.
- Eat everything in small portions to stay energetic throughout the day.
- Avoid getting too hungry; always carry healthy snacks like nuts.
- Plan your meal beforehand with all the nutritional values in mind.
- Write down everything you eat during the day.
All these tips are tried and tested – these tips are what make keto the best way to lose weight. You need to understand that staying healthy and fit is more important than appearing slimmer. Take care of your bodies!
About the Author
Qurat-ul-Ain is a dedicated writer who likes to write anything and everything.